субота, 22 квітня 2017 р.

Three important persons in Sa history.

In the history of the creation of the magnificent city of Cape Town, I distinguish three persons: Bartolomeo Díaz, who opened the Cape of Good Hope, Jan von Riebeeck, the commander of the Dutch fleet who brought immigrants to the Peninsula to create gardens and a reservoir, and Simon van der Stel. About Bartolomeo Diaz I already wrote a little, so now I will tell you about Jan von Riebeck! Please love and respect!

Van Ribeeck was born in Culamborg and was the son of a surgeon. He grew up in Shidemam, where he married the 19-year-old Maria de la Quellerie on March 28, 1649. She died in Malacca, now part of Malaysia, on November 2, 1664, at the age of 35. They had eight or nine children, most of whom died in infancy. Their son Abraham van Ribeek, a native of the Cape, later became Governor General of the Dutch East Indies.
In the service of Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie (VOC) (Dutch East India Company) in 1639, he had a number of posts, including an assistant surgeon in Batavia in the East Indies.

He headed the VOC trade post in Tonkin, Indochina.

In 1643, Ribek went along with Jan van Elserakk to the outpost of LOS in Dejima in Japan. Seven years later in 1650 he offered to sell skins of wild animals of South Africa to Japan.

In 1651, he volunteered to take command of the original Dutch settlement in the future South Africa. On April 6, 1652, he landed with three ships (Dromedaris, Reijger and Goede Hoop) in the future of Cape Town and established the settlement as a station for the VOC trade route between the Netherlands and the East Indies. The main objective of this track station was to provide new conditions for the VOC fleets following between Holland and Batavia, since the mortality in transit was very high.
The arrival of Jan van Ribek in Cape Town, described by Charles Davidson Bell.
Van Ribeek was commander of the Cape from 1652 to 1662; His task was the construction of a fort with the improvement of the natural anchorage in the Table Bay, the sowing of cereals, fruits and vegetables, and the production of livestock by the indigenous Khoi-khoi.

 The original fort, named Fort de Gede Hoop ("Fort of Good Hope"), was made of clay, clay and wood and had four corners or bastions. This fort was replaced by the Castle of Good Hope, built between 1666 and 1679 after van Riebeck left the Cape.

At one time on the cape, Van Riebeeck observed the steady, systematic efforts to grow useful plants in the new conditions on the Cape Peninsula - in a process that changes the natural environment forever. Some of them, including grapes, cereals, peanuts, potatoes, apples and citrus fruits, had an important and lasting impact on the society and the economy of the region. Daily diary entries kept for the entire length of the Cape visit (VOC policy) formed the basis for future study of the natural environment and its natural resources. A careful reading of his diaries shows that part of his knowledge was obtained from the indigenous peoples inhabiting this region.

He died in Batavia (now renamed Jakarta) in Java in 1677.


В истории создания великолепного города  Кейптауна я выделяю три личности- это Бартоломео Диас, открывший Мыс Доброй Надежды, Ян фон Рибек, командор голландского флота привезший на полуостров переселенцев для создания огородов и водохранилища и Симон Ван дер Стел. О Бартоломео Диасе я уже немного писала, так что теперь Ян фон Рибек! Прошу любить и жаловать!
Ван Рибеек родился в Кулемборге и был сыном хирурга. Он вырос в Шидемаме, где женился на 19-летней Марии де ла Quellerie 28 марта 1649 года. Она умерла в Малакке, ныне части Малайзии, 2 ноября 1664 года, в возрасте 35 лет. У них было восемь или девять детей, большинство из которых умерли в младенческом возрасте. Их сын Абрахам ван Рибеек, уроженец мыса, позднее стал генерал-губернатором голландской Ост-Индии.
На службе Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie (VOC) (голландская Ост-Индская компания) в 1639 году, он имел ряд должностей, в том числе помощника хирурга в Батавии в Ост-Индии.

Он возглавлял торговый пост VOC в Тонкине, Индокитай.

В 1643 году Рибек отправился вместе с Яном ван Эльсеракком в аванпост ЛОС в Деджима в Японии. Семь лет спустя в 1650 году он предложил продать шкуры диких животных Южной Африки в Японию.

В 1651 году он вызвался взять на себя командование первоначальным голландским поселением в будущей Южной Африке. 6 апреля 1652 года он причалил на трех кораблях (Dromedaris, Reijger и Goede Hoop) в будущем Кейптауне и создал поселение как станцию для торгового маршрута ЛОС между Нидерландами и Ост-Индией. Основная цель этой путевой станции состояла в том, чтобы обеспечить новые условия для флотов ЛОС, следующих между Голландией и Батавией, поскольку смертность в пути была очень высокой.
Приезд Яна ван Рибека в Кейптаун, описан Чарльзом Дэвидсоном Беллом.
Ван Рибеек был командующим мыса с 1652 по 1662 год; Его задачей стало  строительство форта с улучшением естественного крепления в Столовой бухте, посевом зерновых, фруктов и овощей и получением домашнего скота у коренных народностей кхои- кхои. 

 Первоначальный форт, названный Форт де Геде Хооп («Форт Доброй Надежды»), был сделан из глины, глины и древесины и имел четыре угла или бастионы. Этот форт был заменен Замком Доброй Надежды, построенным между 1666 и 1679 годами после того, как ван Рибек покинул мыс.

В свое время на мысе Ван Рибек наблюдал за устойчивыми, систематическими усилиями по выращиванию полезных растений в новых условиях на полуострове Кейп - в процессе, изменяющем естественную среду навсегда. Некоторые из них, включая виноград, злаки, земляные орехи, картофель, яблоки и цитрусовые, оказали важное и долговременное влияние на общества и экономику региона. Ежедневные дневниковые записи, хранящиеся в течение всего времени пребывания на мысе (политика в отношении ЛОС), послужили основой для будущего изучения природной среды и ее природных ресурсов. Тщательное прочтение его дневников свидетельствует о том, что часть его знаний была получена от коренных народов, населяющих этот регион.

Он умер в Батавии (теперь переименованной в Джакарту) на Яве в 1677 году.