неділя, 19 червня 2016 р.

The Last Point Fort Kochi, Kerala, India


 Fort Kochi is located in Kochi in Kerala, India. This part of the coastline of several regions in the direction of the south-west of Kochi mainland, collectively known as Old Kochi Kochi or West. In 1967, the three municipalities, along with several surrounding areas, were merged to form the Cochin Corporation. Earlier there was  a fishing village on this place. Earth Fort Cochin was given to the Portuguese in 1503 by Raja of Cochin, after the announcement of force de Albuquerque to pray to him to fight with the forces of Saamoothiri Kozhikode. Raja also gave them permission to build a fort Emmanuel near the waterfront, to protect their commercial interests. The first part of the name comes from the Fort Kochi this fort that the Dutch later destroyed. The Portuguese built their settlement behind the fort, including a wooden church, which was rebuilt in 1516, today it is known as the Church of Sts. Francis. Fort Cochin remained in Portuguese possession for 160 years. In 1683 the Dutch recaptured the territory of the Portuguese, the Portuguese destroyed many institutions, including the Catholic monasteries. The Dutch Fort Cochin held at their disposal for 112 years until 1795, when the British took control of them, defeating the Dutch. Foreign control of Fort Kochi ended in 1947 with the acquisition of India's independence.


Форт Кочи расположен в городе Коти в штате Керала, Индия. Это часть береговой линии нескольких регионов в направлении к юго-западу от материка Кочи, известных под общим названием Старый Кочи или West Кочи. В 1967 году  три муниципалитета, наряду с несколькими прилегающими районами, были объединены, чтобы сформировать корпорацию Кочина.   Ранее на этом месте располагалась рыболовецкая деревушка. Земли Форта Кочина был отданы португальцам в 1503 году раджой Кочина, после того, как силы Анонса де Альбукерке помоли ему побороться с силами Saamoothiri из Кожикоуда. Раджа также дал им разрешение на строительство Форт-Эммануила рядом с набережной, чтобы защитить свои коммерческие интересы. Первая часть имени Форт Кочи исходит из этого форта, который голландцы позже уничтожили. Португальцы построили свое поселение позади форта, в том числе деревянную церковь, которая была перестроена в 1516 году, сегодня  она известна как Церковь св. Френсиса.  Форт Кочин оставался в португальском владении на протяжении 160 лет. В 1683 году голландцы отбили эту территорию у португальцев, уничтожили многие португальские учреждения, в том числе  и католические монастыри. Голландцы удерживали Форт Кочин в их распоряжении в течение 112 лет до 1795 года, когда британцы взяли их  под свой контроль, победив голландцев. Иностранный контроль Форт Коти закончился в 1947 году с  обретением Индией независимости.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар