понеділок, 4 липня 2016 р.

Melbourne History, Australia

 The territory adjacent to the Yarra River and Port Phillip Bay, which is currently located in Melbourne, before the arrival of the Europeans was inhabited by members of the tribe of Australian aborigines Wurundjeri tribe. It is believed that the Aborigines lived in this area for at least 40 000 years. The first attempt to found a European colony was made by the British in 1803 when they formed a convict settlement in the area of ​​Sullivan Bay, but this settlement was abandoned after only a few months.

In May and June 1835 the territory on which now houses the central and northern part of the city was surveyed by John Batman, one of the founders of the Association of Port Phillip, which concluded with eight tribal chiefs vurundzheri contract for the sale of 600,000 acres (2400 km²) adjoining land . He chose to settle the northern shore of the Yarra and announced that "at this point, the village will be built," then returned to Launceston in Tasmania, then bore the name of "Van Diemen's Land."

 However, when the settlers sent by the Association, arrived at the base for the village, they found that there was a settlement here already formed a group of people led by John Paskou Fawkner, who arrived here on board the ship "Enterprise" August 30, 1835.
 In the end, both groups came to an agreement on joint development of the territory. The agreement, which entered into Batman with the natives, was soon canceled in advance of New South Wales ruled in the time throughout mainland Australia. This meant that the land becomes the property of the Crown, but the rights of the people living here have been fixed, and the newly formed city's has right to exist.
In 1836, Governor Bourke declared the city the administrative center of the district of Port Phillip, was part of the colony of New South Wales, and in 1837 approved the first plan of the city, known as "Hoddle Plan". At the end of that year, the city has been given a final name - Melbourne, in honor of the British Prime Minister, William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne, whose family estate was located in the town of Melborn, Derbyshire, England. Melbourne was declared a city after the announcement of June 25, 1847 Letters Patent of Queen Victoria .

John Betman
Территория, прилегающая к реке Ярра и заливу Порт-Филлип, на которой в настоящее время располагается Мельбурн, до прихода европейцев была населена представителями племени австралийских аборигенов вурунджери. Принято считать, что аборигены проживали в этой местности, по меньшей мере, 40 000 лет.
Первая попытка основать здесь европейскую колонию была предпринята англичанами в 1803 году, когда они образовали каторжное поселение в районе Салливан-Бей, однако это поселение было покинуто спустя всего несколько месяцев.
В мае и июне 1835 года территория, на которой сейчас располагается центральная и северная части города, была обследована Джоном Бэтманом, одним из основателей Ассоциации Порт-Филлип, который заключил с восемью вождями племени вурунджери договор о продаже 600 000 акров (2400 км²) прилегающей земли. Он выбрал для поселения северный берег Ярры и объявил, что «на этом месте будет построена деревня», после чего вернулся в город Лонсестон в Тасмании, носившей тогда название «Земля Ван-Димена». Однако, когда поселенцы, посланные Ассоциацией, прибыли на место для основания деревни, они обнаружили, что здесь уже существовало поселение, образованное группой людей во главе с Джоном Паскоу Фокнером, которые прибыли сюда на борту корабля «Энтерпрайз» 30 августа 1835 года.
 В конце концов, обе группы пришли к соглашению о совместном освоении территории. Договор, который заключил Бэтман с аборигенами, был вскоре отменён администрацией Нового Южного Уэльса, управлявшей в то время территорией всей континентальной Австралии. Это означало, что земля переходит в собственность Короны, однако права людей, проживавших здесь, были закреплены, и вновь образованному городу было дано право на существование.
В 1836 году губернатор Бурк объявил город административным центром округа Порт-Филлип, входившего в состав колонии Новый Южный Уэльс, а в 1837 году утвердил первый план города, известный под названием «План Ходдла».
 В конце того же года городу было дано окончательное название — Мельбурн, в честь премьер-министра Великобритании, Уильяма Лэма, 2-го виконта Мельбурн, чьё родовое имение располагалось в местечке Мелборн, Дербишир, Англия. Мельбурн был объявлен городом после оглашения 25 июня 1847 года жалованной грамоты королевы Виктории.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар