субота, 13 серпня 2016 р.

Fitzroy Gardence, Melbourne, Australia


 Fitzroy Gardens, is another park located in the heart of Melbourne's business on the south bank of the Yarra River. It occupy 26 hectares (64 acres)

The gardens are named after Sir Charles Augustus Fitzroy KCB (June 10, 1796 - February 16, 1858) which was a British soldier, politician and member of the aristocracy and served as governor of a number of British colonies in the 19th century.

The gardens are one of the main examples of landscaped gardens, the Victorian era in Australia.
One of the most remarkable attraction of the gardens are huge centuries-old fig trees planted in the long avenues.

The land on which a park was originally swampy, with a stream pouring into the Yarra River. The gardens were originally designed Clement Hodgkinson, the trees were planted by the gardener James Sinclair, and were designed as thick woodland with winding alleys. The stream has been landscaped and planted on the banks of ferns and 130 willows. The stream used to irrigate the western side of the garden for fifty years. In the early 1900s the water level has significantly improved and have been installed sewers.































 







 Сады Фицрой, это еще один парк расположенный в центре делового Мельбурна на южном берегу реки Ярра. Они занимают  26 гектаров (64 акров) 
Сады названы в честь сэра Чарльза Огастеса Фицроя
 (10 июня 1796 - 16 февраля 1858), который был британским военным, политическим деятелем и членом аристократии и  занимал пост губернатора в ряде британских колоний в 19-м веке. 
Сады являются одним из основных примеров ландшафтных садов викторианской эпохи в Австралии.
Одной из самых замечательных достопримечательностью садов являются огромные многовековые фикусы высаженные в длинные аллеи.

Земля, на которой разбит парк, была первоначально болотистой, с ручьем вливающимся в реку Ярра. Сады были изначально разработаны Климентом Hodgkinson, деревья были посажены садовником Джеймсом Синклером, и были задуманы как густая лесистая местность с извилистыми аллеями. Ручей был благоустроен и по берегам высажены  папоротники и 130 ив. Ручей использовали для орошения западной стороны сада в течение пятидесяти лет. В начале 1900-х уровень воды значительно улучшился и были установлены канализационные сети.


Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар